Teacher of English
Information & Vacancies
Published on - 10-10-2018
We are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full-time (part-time would be considered) teacher of English from January 2019 or earlier if possible.
A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Brighton Hill Community School has recently been rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 650 students. You will teach across the age and ability range and make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students and our journey to being an outstanding school
- Able to create a stimulating learning environment to promote exceptional progress and high engagement
- Passionate about teaching and learning and your own professional development
- Able to make a significant contribution to the development of the English Faculty
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
- Excellent support from the English faculty and the Senior Leadership Team, including our ambitious new Headteacher
- “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
- “Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
- The opportunity to innovate and develop your professional skills through a comprehensive and innovative professional development programme which develops all staff
- The chance to be part of a dedicated team committed to improved outcomes for our students, who “enjoy school and are proud to wear the uniform and be part of what they call the ‘#YellowArmy’. They recognise and welcome the recent improvements to the school, commenting very favourably to inspectors about the changes they see.” (Ofsted, May 2017)
- A clear vision for Teaching and Learning which embraces current research and creative practice
If you are an enthusiastic teacher with the desire to make a real difference for our students, we would like to hear from you. We welcome applications from talented NQTs who will benefit from high-quality induction support.
For full details and an application form, please visit our website: www.brightonhill.hants.sch.uk. Alternatively, telephone Hilary Laney – PA to Headteacher on 01256 362505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note CVs will not be accepted. Closing date for applications: Friday 26 October 2018 at midday.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and other employment checks